Date and time: Wednesday, February 13th 2019, 10:00-16:00
Venue: The hybridelectric vessel “Vision of the Fjords” (Langkaien, opposite Oslo Opera House)
Lunch will be served
- NMA (Sjøfartsdirektoratet) will be enforcing regulations for the World Heritage Fjords starting 1st of March 2019.
- The Parliament has adopted a resolution for Zero Emission in the same fjords from 2026.
- Local politicians are developing new local environmental regulations for the busiest cruise ports and destinations.
How will the cruise and tourist industries adapt to cope with tighter regulations ?
How can involved stakeholders across industries cooperate to develop a sustainable business with shared value creation for all involved?
Welcome to the Bellona Forum and mini conference with politicians, cruise operators and technology providers to highlight and discuss some of these topics.
- Jan Kjetil Paulsen, Senior Advisor Bellona
10:10-11:00 Part 1: Political Background
Presentations from leading politicians representing National Norwegian Government and local municipalities.
- Atle Hamar, State Secretary, Ministry of Climate and Environment
- Kjetil Lund, Vice Mayor for Business Development and Public Ownership, Oslo
- Noralv Distad, Mayor Aurland Municipality
11:15-12:40 Part 2: Cruise Operators
A brief overview on environmental focus, current and future solutions.
- Tom Strang, Senior Vice President, Maritime Affairs, Carnival Corp.
- Nicolai Skogland, Director Port Operations, Viking Cruises
- Tor E Svensen, Vice President, Marine Technology, Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines
- Tor Geir Engebretsen, SVP Maritime Operations & COO Hurtigruten ASA
- Bud Darr, Executive Vice President, Maritime Policy and Government Affairs, MSC Cruises
- Dagfinn Neteland, CEO Fjord 1 ASA / The Fjords
13:20-13:50 Part 4: Panel Discussion with Politicians and Cruise Operators
Introduction by Arild Molstad, Writer and advisor on sustainable tourism
Panel discussion will end approx. 13.50
14:20-15:50 Part 3: Zero Emission Technology Status for Maritime Applications
We have invited leading technology companies to present their solutions for zero emission shipping today and in the future.
- Sondre Henningsgård, DNV GL / Maritime Battery forum
- Ove Bjørneset, Vice President, VARD Electro
- Jan Erik Granholdt, Becker Marine
- Jostein Bogen, Vice President, ABB
- Jørgen Kopperstad, Project Manager Havyard Group
- Hege Økland, CEO NCE Maritime Cleantech
Q & A session
Jan Kjetil Paulsen